23.10.08

Tuesday December 2nd, 2008 Welch Village




Date & Location: Tuesday December 2nd, 2008 Welch Village
Snow & Weather: 36 degrees nice man-made snow
Vertical feet & runs: 2,590 feet 8 runs
Season Total: 12,990 feet 36 runs
Comments: Rode with GBD and gave him his second lesson. It was my first day at Welch for the season. GBD did great. I corrected some of his bad habits and then he was riding awesome! Had to fight off some St Olaf schoosh bags and protect Dave. Did you ever hear of the little boy who cried wolf? Me too! Well anyways today there was actually a wolf. A possible urgent care visit may be in store for Dave. I will let "the little boy" aka GBD elaborate if he so chooses. Here are some quotes of conversation we heard at Dan's in New Trier: "winch it with a D-9 and pull dat sum of bitch up the hill." "it takes god damn big balls to mow dat cock sucker."
GBD: Went with Matt to Afton more than a week ago. Then he left town and I rode with Glen, Terra and CJ over 3 consecutive days at Welch. Tonight was my test with Matt. I think I passed but getting off East Side quad chair, I fell and I think I popped my shoulder out of socket. It popped back so I forgot about it until I fell on Harley's and tried to push up and it really hurt. So I'll see how the evening goes. Beyond that my virgin tour at Welch at night was a BLAST! Ps- Matt is an excellent instructor.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work GBD, you pulled a me! Drinking helps build the confidence back up -- at least that's what worked for me :D

    ReplyDelete