27.10.08

Tuesday October 28th, 2008 Wild Mountain


Date & Location: Tuesday October 28th, 2008 Wild Mountain

Snow & Weather: 40 degrees man-made and not too shabby

Vertical feet & runs: 2,110 feet 10 runs

Season Total: 2,110 feet 10 runs

Comments: Who knew the first riding entry would be before Jack's party. Thanks Wild Mountain! Rode with my two hard core riders, Glen and Vlad. Yes you saw the date correctly, we are riding in October. It was my first time riding in October and also the first time at Wild Mountain. We were a little apprehensive on the drive up but we were pleasantly surprised. It was a decent first run they had open. Great feeling to have the beginning of the season burn in the arches of the feet. All went well except CJ took me out on the first lift exit of the day and Glen punched me in the face exiting the lift later in the evening. Green Bay Dave came with and watched in prep for his first outing coming up in November. He still has a little more off hill training before he is ready. I asked him if watching made him scared and he said "no". And like Yoda I said "you will be, you will be."

CJ: October riding conditions in MN were pretty sweet! My riding was better than I thought it would be.

Glen: October CHECK. Shakey, good, shakey, sweet, beer. Damn! October riding rips but I needed a Sparks!

4 comments:

  1. It looked and sounded SUPER icy, but still it made my heart beat fast and I can't wait to show y'all what I got! (After I get it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my zombie face ready for Friday! Ditka, polish sausage, Ditka, beer, Ditka.....
    baby shark-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Thanx for the heads up on the trip.!???!!!! I had that day off and would have loved to go. GB Dave Probably black balled me from going huh?(HA HA HA) Anyway anymore trips like that just let me know so I can be a hard core rider too!!!!!
    The dark horse-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Matt ~ I finally tracked you down.. of course through your blog... sunny in FL .. no freaking snow down here.. thank GoD!

    - Allen

    ReplyDelete